Saturday, April 3, 2010

Communal Global - "Your Today"

I have never done a self portrait. When I think about "my today" I think about my kids, family, sports, work, everything except me. Today I decided to think about myself. It is liberating, and exhausting at the same time - to be honest - it is much easier to think about everybody else - keeps my mind from dwelling on the parts of me I don't like.

Head on over to http://communalglobal.blogspot.com/ and check out the other fabulous "Todays".

9 comments:

  1. Wow. What a profound post Rita. Welcome to our little contest. We are ever so glad that you took the time to link up and join. What a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful Easter tomorrow. Sending many blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful post. Sometimes it's hard to be selfish, but I think we all need to do it every once and a while.

    Great self portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the editing you did on this photo, and I love that you took a little 'me' time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. i love the texture in this picture. It's so important to take time out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... that is SO neat! Great idea to take a little 'me' time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need a little me time once in a while. I love the effects you added to your self-portrait. :)

    So glad that you decided to join in on the fun TODAY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. I don't like portraits or pics of myself either. Guess we have that in common. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the texture in this picture and the way your face is still totally obscured even though you're staring directly at yourself in the mirror. This image makes a powerful statement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there. Thanks for stopping by. Always nice to hear from a local P-towner! Your blog is great...your photos are wonderful.
    Take care.
    M.

    ReplyDelete